Out-of-home (OOH) media is a powerful advertising platform that can be used to reach a large audience. Charities have been using OOH media to raise awareness of their causes and recruit volunteers and donors. From billboards and transit advertisements to creative guerrilla marketing campaigns, charities are finding innovative ways to leverage OOH media to connect with audiences and make a lasting impact. Digital technology has revolutionized outdoor advertising with the emergence of digital out-of-home (DOOH), providing advanced targeting and measurement capabilities for charities and nonprofits.
In this blog post, we’ll explore how charitable organizations are harnessing the potential of OOH media to further their missions and touch the hearts of people around the world.
– UNICEF has employed OOH media to increase awareness regarding child poverty and malnutrition. Their campaigns have included extensive billboards displaying images that focus on their causes, such as the UNICEF #EndViolence initiative. Their advertisements have proven to be effective in grabbing attention and raising awareness of the problem.
– In response to the Ebola crisis in West Africa, the American Red Cross utilized OOH media, which included a series of posters featuring impactful images of those affected by the crisis. The main objective of this campaign was to raise awareness and encourage individuals to support the cause by donating blood or money.
– The Ad Council teamed up with the Humane Society of the United States to create an interactive experience for the “Adopt Pure Love” campaign. They used digital screens at two malls to showcase pets up for adoption. Viewers could swipe right or left to learn more about each pet and were directed to QR codes for more information.
– WaterAid utilized OOH media to increase awareness about the worldwide water crisis. They implemented a campaign that showcased a collection of posters containing pictures of individuals who lacked access to clean water. The advertisements were successful in demonstrating the harsh truth of the water crisis and inspiring individuals to take action.
– The World Wildlife Fund used out-of-home media to create awareness about endangered species. One of their successful campaigns included a collection of posters featuring endangered animals. These advertisements proved to be impactful by showcasing the captivating beauty of these creatures and the dangers they are currently encountering.
– The Make-A-Wish Foundation has partnered with OOH advertising organizations to raise awareness of their work granting wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses. Their ads featured images of children smiling and having fun, and a call to action to donate money.
These are just a few examples of how charities are using out-of-home media to raise awareness and funds. As OOH continues to grow in popularity, we can expect to see even more innovative and creative campaigns soon.
In addition to the examples mentioned above, here are some other ways in which charities can incorporate advancing technology into their OOH media strategies:
- Using augmented reality (AR) to create interactive experiences that allow people to learn more about the charity’s cause.
- Using virtual reality (VR) to transport people to the places where the charity is working.
- Using social media to encourage people to share OOH ads with their friends and followers.
- Using data analytics to track the effectiveness of OOH campaigns and optimize future campaigns.
Out-of-home media is a versatile platform that can be used to achieve a variety of goals for charities. By using creative and innovative strategies, charities can use OOH media to raise awareness, recruit volunteers, and raise funds.
Get started now with our Moving Hearts platform and use out-of-home advertising to meet your organization’s objectives.